Courage & Comfort
Updated: May 13
11 Things on Now More than Ever
1. Now more than ever, I am glad I finally stood up for my nephew and told his wife that I am done with her using him as a punching bag and blaming him for everything that goes wrong in their marriage. I am done with her trash-talking about my nephew to me and trying to recruit me to "straighten him out." I feel like a ton of weight lifted off of my shoulders.
2. Now more than ever, I am afraid to listen to the news. Like the rest of the country, I am exhausted watching the most prominent leader of our nation set her on fire, while people are dying alone, in most horrific ways, and our people are hurting.
3. Now more than ever, this country needs a unified health care system that creates "healing places" for those who cannot afford the have health care insurance in the supposedly most prosperous country of the world. I sure feel like I am living in a third world country.
4. Now more than ever, I find myself detached from "tomorrow." What matters most is "today" and how I choose to live it.
5. Now more than ever, I realize I will never be 25 or 30 or 40. Those decades are over.
6. Now more than ever, I want to live a simple life simply, in a small town and go to a bar on Saturday nights where ever body knows my name.
7. Now more than ever, I want to live two doors down from my best friend, and I want to get together with her for morning coffee every morning to sit around and just talk.
8. Now more than ever, I want radical change so that we can stop anguishing because we cannot trust our leader not to hurt us or encourage others to destroy us.
9. Now more than ever, I just want everybody to genuinely love each other and get along.
10. Now more than ever, I want my mom to hug me and tell me it is going to be alright.
11. Now more than ever, I want to figure out what it really means to be a good and kind human, and I want to be it.